Painting a portrait from multiple sessions is essential for an artist’s growth. Through repeated observation, we begin to perceive subtle details and build rapport with the portrait sitter. This familiarity will eventually guide us to compose a genuine likeness inspired by a sense of the subject’s spirit and character.
Throughout the course, as we paint two to three pictures of different poses, there will be a good deal of one-on-one instruction with several demos including how to use photos to finish a painting. Each student will have digital access to images taken from their spot for work outside of class time if they so choose.
All classes are held at the Palette & Chisel in Chicago. The following links will take you to each class session’s registration page on their website.
Register for Class 717:
Register for Class 718:
- Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Wednesdays for six weeks
- Tuition: $295 plus a $50 model fee payable to the instructor at the first session
- Location: Palette & Chisel, 1012 N. Dearborn, Chicago, IL in the northlight studio on the 3rd floor
- Skill Level: All levels welcome, but some drawing and painting experience helpful
- How to register: Register online or call the Palette & Chisel at 312-642-4400